How to Successfully target a niche audience with influencers
Knights of Pen & Paper 2 is a turn-based, retro style, pixel-art adventure full of danger, intrigue, death and saving throws published by Paradox Interactive
Games can be advertised on gaming and non-gaming channels – the content does not matter if the audience is a fit.
Paradox’s mobile gaming hit Knights of Pen & Paper 2 has a very dedicated but niche target audience, that is hard to target with a broad gaming campaign. Instead GameInfluencer focused on smaller and mid-sized channels, that are watched mostly by Tabletop-Nerds and old-School gamers.
The influencers for this campaign were based on their audience’s affinity with the game, their demographics and the perceived overall profile performance.
Influencers were given full creative freedom to implement the game as naturally as possible in the style of their channels, only following a few simple talking points.
Tbh Paradox Interactive knows their audience far too well to reach to JoCat for this. The marketing geek in me is hella in love with thisIntegrity the Deamon v
This is the most enjoyment I ever took out of a promotion video. Thanks Critical Role.Frank Voigt
- Humor is a big part of the game, so make sure to keep a funny approach to it.
- The game contains a huge amount of pop culture inside jokes, feel free to share them and create your own.
- Mention that the game is available for free on the iOS and Android app store.
Meet the Influencers
The campaign not only re-engaged existing users, but also encouraged new users to download the game and play it.
Full Feature videos had:
- Click-through-rate: 8.15%
- Conversion Rate: 21.20%
- Conversion Rate Views to Installs: 1.73%
Integration videos had:
- Click-through-rate: 1.04%
- Conversion Rate: 30.58%
- Conversion Rate Views to Installs: 0.32%